The Rupfs were the first private Swiss collectors to occupy themselves with abstract art. At the beginning, they were guided by their personal taste in the formation of their collection and in 1954 their holdings – approximately 250 artworks as well as many art books – were given to the Museum of Fine Arts Bern as a foundation, an extremely significant contribution to the museum’s collection. Today, the foundation’s collection consists of more than 900 works including paintings, sculptures, and works on paper. Read more.
Sign up to Apollo newsletters and special offers
In the news
Over the centuries Notre-Dame de Paris has become much more than a place of worship – it is a symbol of a nation
The status of the Byzantine church turned mosque turned museum shows no sign of being settled – but perhaps it shouldn’t be